Welcome to PERS
The Public Employees’ Retirement System of Mississippi (PERS) proudly serves the state of Mississippi by providing retirement benefits for individuals working in state government, public schools, universities, community colleges, municipalities, counties, the Legislature, highway patrol, and other such public entities. These retirement benefits not only help recruit and retain a strong public workforce in Mississippi, they help stimulate local economies in every county in the state and help reduce the need for social assistance.
A Message to Our Members, Retirees, and Employers
The Public Employees’ Retirement System of Mississippi (PERS) thanks each of you for your patience as we continue navigating through the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. With the roll-out of the vaccine, guidance on personal and organizational safety measures are changing. PERS continues to review its processes to determine how best to continue conducting business and keeping our guests and employees safe. Staff are following various guidelines and safety measures, and guests are required to consider certain guidelines and safety measures, as well.
Guidelines for PERS Guests:
- Guests may conduct PERS business by telephone or online. Our Call Center has remained open and available throughout the pandemic. Before coming to the building, please call to see if your needs can be handled by telephone or videoconference. Our numbers are 800-444-7377 and 601-359-3589. Remember, too, that our website provides many helpful resources.
- Visits to PERS are by appointment only. Guests needing to discuss their accounts should call PERS to arrange a scheduled time to speak with a retirement counselor. If a teleconference or videoconference appointment is not preferred, guests will be scheduled for an appointment in person at PERS.
- Please limit the number of guests accompanying you. We understand that some individuals may require an additional person for physical assistance or to provide transportation. However, we ask that you limit the number of additional people who come with you to an appointment. This will help allow us to maintain proper social distancing.
- All guests are encouraged to wear masks while visiting PERS.
- Any guest who is sick with any illness, has a fever, or who is displaying any symptoms of COVID-19 is asked to stay home and will not be allowed in the PERS building. Any guest who has been sick is required to have been fever- and symptom-free for an appropriate amount of time prior to entering the building.
- Finally, by entering the PERS building, each guest (whether vaccinated or not) confirms that he or she has not had any symptoms of COVID-19 nor has been recently exposed to someone with a positive COVID-19 test.
PERS Focus Sessions and group seminars, as requested by employers, are being offered virtually through the end of June; however, beginning July 1, these sessions will also be offered in person. Please watch the Retirement Education page of our website for the availability of these events.
We thank each of you for your careful consideration of these guidelines as the state and PERS continue their safe return to pre-pandemic services. Please continue to take care of yourselves and stay well! PERS will continue to review the evolving public health guidance so that all staff and guests may stay as safe as possible while visiting PERS. Thank you.
Ray Higgins, PERS Executive Director